Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Almost time

So I do my bicycle ride this Saturday: 50 miles, Rosarito to Ensenada. I've been training the last couple months, but I feel as though I'm not prepared for this ride. I'm SUPER nervous. At mile 22 to 27, we go from 10 ft above sea level to 800ft!!! I'm sooo throwing up at mile 24 haha




In other news, Bush and his administration have very quietly increased the National debt by $800 million dollars...this year alone! That doesn't include the proposed $700 million bailout that is currently on the table. If approved, Bush and his administration and Congress will have increased the national debt by $1.5 trillion in 2008 alone, and the year is not over!!! The national debt in 1979 in today's dollars was $1.5 trillion. Lets think about this; it took the United States of America 200+ years to incur a debt of $1.5 trillion. 200! We are on the verge of DOUBLING that debt in ONE year...ONE!!!!! Why are we not rioting on the streets? Do y'all realize that now our kids and their kids have a debt to pay to the government before their birth?

I'm not one to be a political fanatic or even rant about stuff like this, but come on! $1.5 trillion in ONE year?!?! WTF?!?!

Until next time....

No comments: