SOooooooooo....it has been a while. Yes I know, I'm horrible. Sorry, but i've updates!
So, I'm on weekend nights. Yes, I'm now banished to weekend nights never to be seen or heard from again :( What do I mean by that? Well, when i'm working, everyone else will be on their weekend. When I sleep, all my friends/family will be awake. When I sleep, everyone else will be awake. So yep, I don't know when I'll see y'all again. I know I'm a lone wolf...but NOW more so than ever. Sorry y'all, see y'all when I see you.
Anyway, so first night of graves. SOOOOO much more fun. Sure days were fun, but having someone with you is better. Once we partner up at 2200, you have someone to joke around with all night :) So, we actually only stopped four calls all night. At 2200, my partner and I had reports to work on, so we did that for an hour and 15 minutes. We then took off in search of a deuce (deuce = DUI). We stopped on car who was weaving HORRIBLY. Cruz and I were certain that this was our deuce. The gentleman performed HORRIBLY on his FSTs (Field Sobriety Tests). We had him blow into the PAS (Preliminary Alcohol Screening Device) and he blew .00. WTH?!? Strange? We checked out his pupils, but they were normal. Then we received a call of a crash on the I-110 S/B just north of Exposition.
We roll out, and there is a car blocking the offramp, t/c (traffic collision) damage to the front. We get the vehicle off the road, start our accident investigation and then give him FSTs. He blew .14. But this dood was hilarious. He was joking with us the entire time! He told us he was going home from playing poker with a couple of buddies. When we arrested him, I counted all his money in front of him...a dollar had fallen off the trunk onto the ground. I hadn't noticed until he pointed it out. So he says "Ahhhh officer, trying to steal from me. Its cool, just let me go and we'll call it even." hahaha. My partner says to him "oh so you play cards? Well I'll clean you out right now." The gentleman says to him "I don't know, I just won $9000 tonight." LOL!
At the jail, the jailer was a chick who was quite the sight. The arrestee says "if I have to stay here with her, then y'all better hurry up and leave. I don't care that I'm staying so long as I stay with her." I'm telling y'all, guy was hilarious.
We leave the jail at around 0347. We are the only clear unit, and we get a call of a disabled vehicle. We roll out, see t/c damage, 2 flats. Now mind you, I get off at 0600. So I'm praying that this was a clean t/c, not a deuce t/c. I get up to the window, ask if everyone is ok, and smell the alcohol. Pretty little girl, 5'1, 105 lbs, red hair. We get the vehicle off the freeway, I start my accident investigation, then start my FSTs. She performed horribly on finger count and romberg. Pull out the PAS, and she blows .219 and .208. So i arrested her. Her bf got pissed when I had to search her. "You're groping her! Get your hands off of her pig!" We finally calmed him down and took his car, arrested her and left him there. He was not impressed. She on the other hand was completely cooperative. I'm a softie. The look on her face was sad. "Please don't tell me i'm over. Oh no" I felt bad. oh well.
More later!
Monday, October 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment