Friday, May 16, 2008

Day 7


So went out and saw all of Barcelona today. First it was off to La Sagrada Familia. Work began in 1889 and they're still working on it! Crazy! Apparently all the money needed for construction is given by anonymous donations so the begin and halt work according to how much money has come in. I was not impressed with it this time around. Lots of it was closed off yet they were still charging about the same. Boo!

Next we were off to see the city. Apparently its nothing but aparments/condos here. They are all pretty nice though. They were mostly built during the modernismo movement and like I said, that's pretty much all you can find here. Once we were done with that, we took the tourist bus all over the city. its soooo big! Everyone uses scooters/bikes here. Even bicycles; there are over 100km worth of bike lanes. Imagine if we did that back home??? We'd all be skinny :( Anyway from there we stopped at Las Ramblas (really famous street here) where there was sooo much going on. It was packed with people! We finally stopped and had one of these (OK OK! I had 2...)


That's all for today. I'm tired and need to recharge before I head out tonight. See ya!

No comments: